After fixing a couple of authentication bugs with Set-DnsRecord and New-DnsRecord I decided to make an attempt to finish off some of the zone and server CmdLets.
The module now contains these additional CmdLets.
- Refresh-DnsZone – Implements the ForceRefresh method for Secondary Zones
- Reload-ADDnsZone – Implements the UpdateFromDS method for AD Integrated Zones
- Reset-DnsZoneType – Implements the ChangeZoneType method
- Set-DnsZoneTransfer – Implements the ResetSecondaries method
- Suspend-DnsZone – Implements the Pause method
As usual, the module can be downloaded from code.msdn.microsoft.com/dnsshell.
A new version of DnsShell has been released, this release improves Get-ADDnsRecord and adds Get-ADDnsPartition and Get-ADDnsZone.
The updated release is available on MSDN as version 0.2.0.
Basic help is available for each of the new CmdLets.
DnsShell is my PowerShell module intended to help administer MS DNS. This is an alpha relaese, it may contain bugs, it should be tested in a safe environment first.
The module is currently available on MSDN.
The following CmdLets are implemented at this stage:
I am in the process of writing detailed CmdLet help, it will be made available as soon as possible.